Kitchen Creations

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My new favorite treat

My friend Stacy has been making these "Coconut Delights" (that's what I call them in my head) for some time now.  I adore them.  This is unusual.  I love coconut flavor.  I detest the feel of raw coconut shreds or flakes in my mouth.  Really, really detest.  These have raw coconut in them and I LOVED them!  I've been wanting to get on making them for some time and I finally got there.  The original recipe comes from the Wellness Mama website.  I had some confusion with coconut oil amount while using this site to make them.  I decided to go ahead and post the recipe that worked for me on this blog and let you all go from there.  These babies are coconut-chocolate goodness, I'm telling you!  I left some of them un-coated by chocolate for my poor husband who can no longer eat chocolate.  He wholly backs the non-chocolate "Delights", so there's a nice variation for you too!

These little desserts certainly hit the spot!  Enjoy one, or two, tonight, guilt free..... well mostly!


Coconut Delights:   
Ingredients:

1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup almond butter  (you can also use peanut butter)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips are the BOMB on these!)
1 Tbsp. coconut oil

Method:
1.)  Mix together shredded coconut, 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted), almond butter and vanilla extract.
2.)  Form into balls and place on a wax paper covered cookie sheet

3.)  Place balls in freezer for approximately 45 minutes- 1 hour, until fully hardened
4.)  Melt chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp. coconut oil in microwave (or over double boiler).  I did the microwave.  I stirred between 15 second intervals until the chocolate was smooth.
5.)  Dip coconut clusters into the melted chocolate and place back on cookie sheet.
6.)  Refrigerate to allow chocolate to harden.

Enjoy!

Click here for printable recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment