Enjoy, Cassidy and I certianly did!
Lemon Glazed Raspberry Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 ½ tsp lemon zest
¼ cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 cup sour cream
1 ½ cup raspberries
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup granulated sugar (no this is not a mistake - there are 2 steps that each require the sugar)
1 tsp lemon zest
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin pan or line with muffin cups
- If using fresh raspberries rinse and let dry. If frozen remove from freezer and place in measuring cup or bowl.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together thoroughly.
- Using a stand mixer or large bowl, combine the egg and 1 cup of sugar. It should look thick and creamy. Add the 1 ½ tsp lemon zest and the melted butter and combine. The add the sour cream. Stir until ingredients are just combined - do not over mix.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg/butter mixture using a wooden spoon or spatula. Again, do not over mix. Stop just before the mixture is completely combined.
- Once the raspberries are dry, sprinkle a tablespoon of flour over the raspberries and toss to coat.
- Gently fold the raspberries into the batter.
- Spoon batter into the muffin tin. About 3 tablespoons per muffin will do.
- Bake for 25 minutes - until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let set for about 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack.
- While the muffins are cooking you can prepare the glaze. Combine ¼ cup sugar with the ½ cup fresh lemon juice. Turn the heat to medium and stir to combine. Let it simmer until the sugar dissolves and the mixture becomes syrupy. It takes about 15 minutes.
- Combine ¼ cup sugar with the 1 tsp. lemon zest.
- Brush the top of each muffin with the lemon glaze. Dip the tops of the muffins into the sugar-zest mixture.
|Cassidy dipping muffin tops into the sugared zest.|