Enjoy some peachy goodness tonight with your family and friends!!
Peaches n' Cream Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix flour, salt & baking powder together and add in sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter (will be crumbly). Take out 1 cup and save for topping.
- Mix egg yolks with milk and add to remainder of flour mixture. Mix until very smooth.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Pour into greased springform pan - also can make in a 9X13 glass pan (bake at 375 for 45 minutes, but the springform pan is MUCH prettier!!)
- Mix peaches with ginger and 1-2 Tbsp. flour or cornstarch
- Spread peaches evenly over top of batter.
- Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes. Until lightly brown on top.
- Allow to cool for five minutes then remove from pan.
- Drizzle with vanilla icing.
For the Icing:
- Melt butter in microwave, then add vanilla.
- Slowly stir in powdered sugar. (will be clumpy)
- Add 3 tablespoons of cream (or milk) stir until creamy and smooth. Add more cream 1 tablespoon at a time until right consistency (runny enough to drizzle over cake).