Kitchen Creations

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cookie Dough!



One of my husband's favorite treats in the WORLD is cookie dough.  When I make extra dough and freeze the dough in balls in the freezer, I'm lucky to ever get to bake any of them.  When my friend Stacy told me about these little beauties, I went home and got to work.  I didn't have all the correct ingredients, so I made do with what I had on hand.  They turned out really great.  So good and good for you!!!  I don't know if I'll ever make "real" cookies again.  Well, probably not, but these are definitely around to stay!

Cookie Dough In The Raw! 
Ingredients
1 1/3 cups almonds
2/3 cups oats
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. sea salt
1/4 cup of honey
2 tsp. vanilla
3-4 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips

Method:
1.)  Combine almonds, oats, cinnamon, ginger & salt in food processor until mixture is fine.
2.)  Add honey & vanilla and process to combine.
3.)  Add the chocolate chips and process to combine.  Process longer to make a more "chocolatey" dough, less for chocolate pieces in the dough.
4.)  Roll the mixture into little balls (about 1 tsp. each) and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper.  Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up.  Then store in the freezer inside a closed container.

Click here for printable link



No comments:

Post a Comment