Grab some sweet potatoes and get stuffing!!!
Stuffed Mexican Sweet Potatoes
*Adapted from "Pinch Of Yum" food blog by Stacy & Gretchen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the sweet potatoes for 45-60 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, combine corn with a sprinkle of salt and cumin (feel free to add any other Mexican seasoning in the amounts that work for you) in a medium bowl.
- Saute the onion in the butter over medium heat until soft and translucent. Set aside.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven when fork-tender. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Cut the sweet potatoes in half. Scrape out the insides of the sweet potatoes out, leaving the skins intact. (as much as possible). Leaving some of the sweet potato in the skin helps keep the skins whole.
- Mix the sweet potato that you've scooped out of the sweet potatoes with the cream cheese, sour cream, chipotle peppers, and salt. You can use a mixer or just a spoon, depending on how soft the potatoes are. When well-mixed, gently stir in the black beans, roasted corn, sauteed onions, and cilantro.
I could eat this all by itself!!
- Scoop the filling into the skins and top each with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Broil for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
|Before the oven|