Enjoy and easy and flavor-filled meal you can feel good about tonight.
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 4 cups chickpeas, cooked (or 2 15-ounce cans, rinsed & drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small bunch of spinach
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Saute onion in olive oil fo r5 minutes.
- Stir in garam masala and cook for 30 seconds, stir constantly.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes and spinach and cook 2 minute
- Remove from heat, stir in yogurt and salt.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve over rice & with naan.
Click here for printable recipe