Kitchen Creations

Thursday, July 30, 2020

I'm Back

  
Boy, it's been a bit.  I've had a long hiatus from blogging and have been rather reluctant about cooking and baking in general since then.  In the past few months, it seems to be coming back, that old love.  I find myself yearning for time in the kitchen and not being totally resistant to making dinner.  It feels nice to want to cook again....to feel some excitement about making food.  It's been a long process to get back to this point.

I recently posted a few dinners I was making during a Pampered Chef on-line party and received requests for the recipes.  I thought, why not put them on the blog and keep them in a format I can easily access and share, so here it goes.

Lovely bowl of curry with garnish

The first is absolutely my new, go-to comfort food.  I cannot tell you how good this meal makes me feel, body and soul.  I've adapted it from a recipe passed on by a friend who attended a local cooking class.  I never leave recipes alone and I love adding tons of veggies to things. 

I am a big Thai curry fan and LOVE this recipe.  Hope you love it too!

Chickpea & Veggie Thai Curry    
Ingredients:                                                                                            
  1/2 tsp. olive oil (not needed if water sauteing)                           
  3 small carrots, peeled and diced
  1 small onion (approx. 1 cup chopped)
  1 red pepper, chopped

Optional Veggies: Broccoli, Zucchini, Kale                                     
  1-2 Tbsp minced ginger root
  3 Tbsp. red or green curry paste
  4 cloves minced garlic
  1/3 cup coconut aminos
  1 Tbsp. soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
  2 cans (13.5 oz) light coconut milk
  1 can (13.5 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed 
  1/2 cup of water.

****Peanuts, Thai Basil and Lime are great garnishes

Method:
1.)  Add oil to the (or layer of water if water sauteing veggies).  When hot, add carrots, onions, red pepper, and ginger. Saute for approximately 5 minutes, until veggies soften and begin to get a bit golden.
2.)  While the carrot/onion mixture is sauteing, mix together the curry paste, garlic, coconut aminos, and soy sauce in a separate bowl.
3.)  Add broccoli, zucchini and kale (or whatever other veggies you'd like here) and saute another 3 minutes.
4.)  Add coconut milk, chickpeas, curry sauce mixture and water.  Bring to a slow simmer to heat through.
5.)  Serve with rice, cauliflower rice, rice noodles.....whatever you prefer and garnish with peanuts, Thai Basil and Lime.  

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment