Dive into this cheesy goodness soon!!
12 whole wheat lasagna noodles
2 large jars pasta sauce (your favorite - thicker is going to make for a thicker lasagna, thinner is more soupy)
2 16-ounce containers of small curd cottage cheese (or ricotta)
1 10-ounce package of frozen spinach
2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 package spaghetti sauce spice mix (this is optional, but I really liked the flavor it added)
1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Thaw spinach in microwave (2 minutes on high) and then squeeze out extra liquid using a kitchen towel.
- Mix together cottage cheese/ricotta, eggs, nutmeg, spaghetti sauce, spinach, 1/2 cup of Mozzarella Cheese and 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese.
- Layer 1 cup pasta sauce at the bottom of the crock-pot. Next layer 4 lasagna noodles (breaking as needed). Now 1 more cup of sauce, then the cheese-spinach mixture. Then another layer of 4 noodles and another cup of sauce and then the remaining cheese-spinach mixture. Top off with 4 more noodles and the remainder of the sauce.
- Place the lid on the crock-pot and cook on low for 5-6 hours (I did 6).
- In the last 10-15 minutes add the remaining cheese. Cover and cook until ready to serve.
Enjoy with a nice salad and some crusty French bread.
Click here for printable recipe