Kitchen Creations

Saturday, November 5, 2011

I wanna have pancakes; that's perfection!!

Making pancakes on weekend mornings is my husband's claim to fame. He makes them fluffier and flips them better than I can ever hope to do. In an effort to establish my own weekend morning claim to fame (when I'm up early enough to make breakfast before my hungry bears emerge from sleep), I looked for something to add my style to, but still satiate those pancake cravings. I stumbled on a recipe for Apple-Raisin Oven Pancake in a Goosberry Patch cookbook titled Flavors of Fall. I changed and added ingredients to come up with my version: Autumn Oven Pancake. It was a hit with my guys and I found my "pankcake perfection".

Happy Eating!!!

Autumn Oven Pancake                          
Serves: 8 Prep: 15 min Bake: 10-15 + 15 min       


Ingredients:                                    
1 apple, cored, peeled and sliced (large apple)
1/3 cup of dried fruit (dried plums, cherries , apricots – whatever  
    you like)
2 Tbsp. of brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. cinnamon (more if you like cinnamon)

Pancake:                                                             
4 eggs                                     
2/3 cup milk                            
2/3 cup all purpose flour             
1/2 tsp cinnamon                                                                  
1/8- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg                
1/2 tsp. ginger  
1Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp butter, melted
***french bread pieces (optional addition I haven't tried yet, but thought sounded good)
Garnish:  Powdered Sugar                     

Method:
Combine apple slices, dried fruit, brown sugar and 1/2 of the cinnamon together; spread  into
  lightly buttered 9" pie pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for10-15 minutes; remove from oven and set aside.
Whisk eggs, milk, flour and margarine and the rest of the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and
  vanilla together; pour over apple mixture.
Bake at 450 degrees until golden, about 15 minutes
Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.

Click here for a printable version

1 comment: