May it warm you and yours as well!
Butternut Squash & Corn Chowder
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1/2 cup white wine (or additional cup of stock)
- 6 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1 chipotle chili in abodo sauce, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream, garnish
- Add olive oil to large sauce pan and saute saute onion and celery until tender, add garlic in the last minute.
- Next, stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in wine and let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Next stir in the stock.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the squash, corn, milk, chipotle chili, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
- Garnish with sour cream