Kitchen Creations

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Perfect Potatoes

I love french fries, really love them.  I know they are terrible for me, but I love them.  My husband helped me create a better solution to satisfy the french fry cravings.  Now these are a great favorite in our house.  My boys and I love to create all different kinds of sauces for dipping.  I introduced them to my favorite German dipping sauce, Rot-Weiss (red-white), which is basically ketchup with mayo.  Our plates look like painter's palette with every color of condiment imaginable.  Most taste great, some have not been winners. This is also a great way to use those potatoes that are getting older while hanging out in your kitchen.

So make your fries and eat them too!!

Oven Fries 
Ingredients:
*  6-10 small-medium potatoes (peeled or unpeeled according to preference)
*  1-2 Tbsp. of olive oil (1 if closer to 6 potatoes, 2 if closer to 10)
*  Spices to taste:  salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, etc. (whatever sounds good to you).



Method:
1.)  Wash (and peel, if desired) potatoes.  Then slice into desired size fries.

2.)  Combine olive oil and potatoes in large a bowl.
3.)  Mix in spices
4.)  Spread onto a large baking sheets.

5.)  Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until golden and crispy!

No comments:

Post a Comment