Kitchen Creations

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Youthful Bread

This is a recipe originally given to me by my friend Shannon.  She did such an amazing job describing it to me that my mouth was literally watering!  Another plus was that it is fantastically easy to make.  The day after Shannon gave me the recipe, I decided to stop by the store on my way home from our church's moms group.  The recipe calls for a 12 ounce can of beer.  As I stood waiting to be rung up, the cashier looked at me closely and said, you're over 21 aren't you?  I smiled and said that there came a time in life when it is really quite flattering to be carded.  She looked at me in disbelief and said, "Oh come on, you can't be more than 23 or 24!  You've got a few years before you need to be flattered".  Well, needless to say I AM over 24, well over, and that made my day!  It wasn't a fakey flattery, it was sincere and I LOVED it!!  So I have affectionately named this bread, Youthful Bread, in commemoration of that wonderful moment in the Albertson's check out line.  

I added 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the bread and was thinking some roasted garlic might be nice too.  I've also tried out adding more pictures as I make the recipes.  Let me know what you think!

Let's drink, oh I mean eat, to your youth!
Beer Bread 
Ingredients:
3 cups flour, sifted
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. sugar
1 (12 ounce) can of beer
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 Tbsp. melted butter
1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
1-2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese

Method:
1.  Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
2.  Mix together all dry ingredients.


3.  Add beer and mix

4.  Mix in cheese
5.  Spread into a greased loaf pan
6.  Pour melted butter over mixture.
7.  Sprinkle top with Italian Seasoning and Parmesan Cheese.


8.  Bake 1 hour, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.

Click here for printable recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment